St. Laurence. Illinois Most Endangered Historic Places.

$60.00

Category:

Description

Each book purchased comes with a Limited Edition Framed Print of the cover.

—-

Closed by the Archdiocese of Chicago in 2002 as part of a parish consolidation plan, the St. Laurence parish served its South Shore community for 118 years. The church and rectory, built in 1911, are part of a larger complex of properties that also include a school and convent.

Both buildings are coded orange in the Chicago Historic Resources Survey, which will trigger a 90-day demolition hold if a demolition permit is sought by an owner.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “St. Laurence. Illinois Most Endangered Historic Places.”